- 1 c. Brown Lentils
- 2 Onions, chopped
- 3 Carrots, chopped
- 2 tsp. Garlic, chopped
- 1 tbsp. Minced Chili
- 1 tsp. Curry Powder
- 8 c. Vegetable Broth
- 6 oz. Tomato Paste
- 2 c. Kale or Collard Greens, rinsed, chopped and removed from tough ribs
- Wash the lentils and set aside.
- Coat a large pot with cooking oil over medium-high heat. Lightly sauté onions, garlic, carrots, chili and curry powder until the
onions are translucent.
- Add the vegetable broth and turn the heat to medium-low.
- Add the lentils and cook for 45 minutes, or until lentils are tender.
- Add greens and cook for 5 more minutes, or until softened to your liking.