It’s officially fall, y’all, and you know what that means: Pumpkin. Everything. Rich in Vitamin A, beta carotene, potassium and fiber, pumpkin can be a powerhouse of nutrients! But many times, the “pumpkin” treats at your local coffee shop are loaded with artificial flavorings and added sugar (like, 37 grams of added sugar). Here's our favorite way to get our fall pumpkin fix — the healthy way.
HEALTHY BLUEBERRY PUMPKIN PIE SMOOTHIE
- ½ Cup organic canned or roasted pumpkin
- ½ Cup organic frozen blueberries
- 1 Scoop Catie’s Organic Greens
- 1 Scoop Catie’s Vitamin C Powder
- 2 Scoops Tera’s Whey Protein Powder
- Dash of Cinnamon
- Fresh Ginger to taste
- Unsweetened almond milk—add until desired texture and consistency
- Blend together
- Top with a dollop of pumpkin, chia seeds, and pumpkin seeds (full of omega-3 fatty acids) + enjoy!
HEALTHY PUMPKIN SPICE LATTE
- 1/2 c. Unsweetened almond milk
- 3 tbsp. organic canned pumpkin
- 1 tsp. Pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp. Vanilla extract
- 8 oz. brewed coffee OR 1-2 shots of espresso
- 2 scoops of NorCal Collagen Peptides
- Dash of cinnamon for garnish
- In a saucepan, cup or the cup attachment for a personal blender, stir together almond milk and pumpkin. Cook over medium heat on the stovetop or microwave
for 60 seconds.
- Remove from heat, stir in the vanilla, pumpkin pie spice and collagen peptides. Froth the milk using a milk frother OR blender for 30 seconds or until
- Pour coffee into a large mug. Add the frothed almond milk mixture on top. Sprinkle with cinnamon + enjoy!