- 1 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 c. chopped Red Pepper
- 1 c. chopped Green Pepper
- 1 c. chopped Yellow Onion
- 2 c. chopped Baby Spinach
- 1 c. chopped Mushrooms
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- Salt, to taste
- 1/4 c. Cottage Cheese
- 5 Whole Eggs
- Hot Sauce (optional for drizzling)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a standard non-stick 12-slot muffin pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Once hot, add in oil, red pepper, green pepper and onion.
- Sauté 5-7 minutes, or until peppers are tender.
- Add spinach and mushrooms and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- In the last 30 seconds, add minced garlic.
- Season with salt and remove from heat.
- Crack eggs into a large 4-cup measuring cup and whisk together.
- Stir in cooked veggies and cottage cheese.
- Pour the egg/veggie mixture evenly into the prepared muffin tin.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the tops are firm to the touch and eggs are cooked.
- Cool slightly and serve immediately!
Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days. The muffins may also be frozen. To reheat, pop in the
microwave until desired temperature.