|Fresh from the Farmers' Market
- Tomato Slices
- White Onion, chopped
- Brussels Sprouts, halved
- Olive Oil
- Red Pepper Flakes
- Pistachio Nuts for topping
Chia Flax Chicken Tenders (From Body Love by Kelly LeVeque)
- 1/2 c. Almond Flour
- 1 tsp. Pink Himalayan Sea Salt
- 1 tsp. Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 2 Large Eggs (Cage-Free, Certified Organic)
- 1 c. Chia Seeds
- 1 c. Flax Seeds
- 1 c. Gluten-Free Panko Bread Crumbs
- 2 tsp. Paprika
- 2 tsp. Garlic Salt
- Pinch of Chopped Fresh Parsley
- 4 - 6 oz. Uncooked Chicken Tenders, pounded to 1/2-in. thick or less
- 1/4 c. Ghee (Clarified Butter)
| Roast the Brussels Sprouts
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Drizzle Brussels Sprouts with Olive Oil, Red Pepper Flakes, Fresh Ground Pepper and Pink Himalayan Sea Salt.
- Roast for 30 minutes or until crispy.
Make the Chicken Tenders
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Create a breading line. On one plate, combine almond flour, salt and pepper. In a shallow bowl, whisk the eggs. On a second
plate, combine the chia, flax, bread crumbs, paprika, garlic salt and parsley.
- Take each chicken tender through the breading line, first dipping it in the almond flour mixture, then dredging it in the egg
mixture to coat completely, letting the excess drip off, then coating with the chia-flax mixture. Set the pieces on a baking
sheet as you finish.
- In a large sauté pan, melt the ghee over medium heat.
- Working in batches, set the tenders in the pan and raise the heat to medium-high. Cook the tenders, turning them gently after
2 - 4 minutes, until the crumbs are browned on both sides and the chicken is cooked through. Transfer them to a baking
dish or baking sheet as you finish each batch.
- Transfer the tenders to the oven and bake for 10 - 12 minutes, or until cooked through.
Assemble your salad + enjoy!