- 4 c. Broccoli Florets (1 head)
- 1 c. Raw Almonds
- 1/4 c. Grated Parmesan
- 1/4 c. finely-chopped Fresh Basil
- 1/4 c. finely-chopped Fresh Parsley
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1/8 tsp. Cayenne Pepper
- 2 large Eggs
Garlic Tomato Sauce
- 1 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1/4 c. diced White Onion
- 1 large Garlic clove, finely-chopped
- 1 28-oz. can Crushed Tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Steam broccoli florets 10 minutes, or until tender and bright green. Cool.
- Pulse almonds in food processor until finely-ground. Add steamed broccoli, parmesan, basil, parsley, garlic and cayenne. Season with
salt and pepper if desired.
- Whisk eggs in a small bowl, then stir eggs into broccoli mixture.
- Roll mixture into balls and place on baking sheet.
- Bake 25 minutes or until golden-brown.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic and cook for 5 minutes, or until onion is soft.
- Add tomatoes and cook for 20 minutes, or until sauce thickens, stirring occasionally.
- Season with salt and pepper if desired.