This salad is full of crisp vegetables plus the black beans and quinoa add a power punch of fiber and protein to keep you full and feeling strong through the rest of your day!
- 1 cup organic quinoa
- 2 cups organic black beans
- 1 bunch organic kale, washed, cut away from stem and chopped to your liking
- ½ head organic purple cabbage, chopped
- 1 head organic broccoli crowns
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 bunch of green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch of cilantro, pulled from stems
Cook the black beans and quinoa according to the directions on the packaging. We suggest using dried beans as they usually contain less sodium than canned beans.
Roast the broccoli in olive oil, salt and pepper.
Combine black beans and quinoa in a bowl and dress with olive oil, lemon, cumin, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper. Stir to mix.
In a bowl layer chopped kale, cabbage, bean and quinoa mixture and broccoli.
Garnish with green onions and cilantro. Enjoy!