We are in the middle of the most hectic time of the year - the holidays! Don't let your busy schedule keep you from getting your workout in. Staying consistent
with your workouts will help keep you feeling your best. Working out has been shown to decrease stress levels, help you sleep better and boost your
mood. Here are our favorite tips to stay consistent!
- Make your workout schedule, and commit to it! Our favorite way to ensure we stay on a consistent schedule is to sign for our workouts in advance
and add them to our calendars like we would any other appointment. This helps with accountability and ensures you won’t double-book during a workout
- Turn regular family time into active family time. Go for a walk together after dinner or hold a plank-off in the living room. Bonding + sweating =
two birds with one stone!
- Find a shorter, more intense workouts that you can fit into your schedule. Luckily HSM | Core classes are only 40 minutes for a sweat-dripping, total-body
- Work out… at work! Check out Hilliard Studio Method's health tip on deskercising — how to fit fitness into your workday. The recommended minimum amount of activity per day is 30 minutes, but you can break those 30 minutes
up into smaller intervals whenever you have time! “Deskercising” is a great way to get your heart rate up and get the body moving while on a call
or in the office between meetings.
- Choose any activity over no activity. If you’ve only got time for a 20-minute walk after work or while the sitter watches the little ones, take it.
Consistency is key to transforming both your body and mind, so even the smallest amount of movement on a crazy day can make the biggest difference!