Spruce up your salads and stay satisfied until your next meal with these delicious and nutritious toppings!
- Quinoa (and other whole grains): A complex carbohydrate and whole grain, quinoa provides essential minerals. Quinoa is a complete
protein, making it perfect for those who don’t eat animal products. Adding this to your salad is a great way to get your healthy carbs and
stay full longer.
- Beans: High in protein and nutrient-dense, adding beans to your regular salad is the perfect way to stave off the dreaded 3:00
hunger pangs. Plus, pairing your beans with whole grains creates a complete protein source.
They’re even lower in calories than their high-protein counterparts!
- Chickpeas: Chickpeas, another legume option, are a high-fiber
and protein food, meaning they increase satiety and reduce appetite, helping you feel fuller for longer. Toss them on top of your salad for
a flavor-packed treat!
- Lean meat/fish: Organic wild-caught salmon, shrimp and grass-fed beef steak are some of our favorite way to incorporate lean proteins
into our salads. Stay away from non-organic/naturally-raised meats — these can be lacking in the nutrient department and dangerous to
your overall health!
- Nuts and seeds: Small but mighty, nuts and seeds help you fill up without filling out. Containing a trifecta of healthy fats,
fiber and protein, they’re the perfect add-on to any salad!
- Hard-boiled egg: Boasting 6g of protein in just one bite, hardboiled eggs are easy to prep ahead of time and add to your salad
at a moment’s notice!
- Avocado: Avocado adds an element of healthy fat that’s sure to keep you satiated post-salad.
- Raspberries, blackberries and pears: High in soluble fiber, these fruits absorb water in your digestive system, lingering longer
and leaving you feeling full for hours!
- Cheese: Cheese is rich in protein for a long-lasting full feeling. It also contains powerful fatty acids that have been linked
to benefits like reducing the risk of type 2 diabetes!