The megaformer may look intimidating at first, but in reality, it's designed with the latest technology to transform your body and mind! Read on to
find out how working out at HSM | Core will help improve not only your physique, but countless other areas of your life as well.
- Posture: HSM | Core is a core-centric workout, meaning it focuses on building core strength, while also working the rest of the
body’s muscle groups. By strengthening your core muscles, you willstand taller with healthy spinal alignment. Improved posture and core strength
also help take the pressure off your low back. So, next time you hear, “shoulders up, back and down,” you’ll understand just how important
- Endurance (Cardiovascular and Muscular): The moves we do on the Megaformer are designed to elevate your heart rate with little
to no impact on the joints. This improves cardiovascular health and endurance! Our exercises also work both slow and fast twitch muscle fibers,
helping your muscles fatigue less quickly over time. Read more about muscle fibers in this health tip!
- Flexibility: Flexibility is the range of motion around a joint. Good flexibility in the joints can improve posture and alignment
as well as help prevent injuries through all stages of life. If you want to improve your flexibility, you must perform activities that lengthen
the muscles. HSM | Core works the muscles in their length, which improves flexibility — just ask the yoga-loving members of the HSM Family!
- Balance: With the unstable carriage constantly trying to move from under you, your body is required to stabilize itself using
the strength of the core. Training balance becomes increasingly important as we get older and, unfortunately, is often overlooked in the fitness
world. Improved balance not only helps with daily tasks (read: walking), but also with cross-training for other sports!
- Mental Health: According to Broken Brain, a docuseries by Dr. Mark Hyman,
exercise is as good as, or better than, antidepressants in treating depression. Not only does exercise play a key role in physical health by
preventing heart disease, helping with weight and so much more — in an MRI, movement literally lights up the brain. Just 10 minutes of
exercise fires up neurons, automatically making you feel happier and more energized. Plus, the more work you put in, the more results you will
see — and the more confident you will feel!